Personal identification information
We may collect personally identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Should user’s wish to request a copy of the personal data contained on SportyHQ, they can submit a support request to email@example.com.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
SportyHQ, LLC collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
- We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions
- We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails
- The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
You have certain access rights to your personal information contained in our systems. If you have submitted personal information through the SportyHQ services or website and wish to access, correct, or delete this personal information, please firstly try to edit your profile by logging in to SportyHQ and going to your proflie settings. If you cannot find the information you are trying to edit, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
In the course of providing its services to users, SportyHQ occassionally needs to share some information with third party service providers. Each of these partners must uphold strict security standards that comply with high security standards. The data provided is never used for any marketing purposes and is used strictly for the purpose of SportyHQ to provide various compoenents of its service. These third party service providers are listed below:
- Payment Providers
Please note, under no circumstances does customer card data ever touch a SportyHQ server. Card details are never stored in our database. Card or bank details are sent directly to the processing service and any card storage happens with them under strict PCI compliance security standards.
- Adyen (www.adyen.com). Provides our site with credit card payment capabilities.
- Stripe (www.stripe.com). Provides our site with credit card payment capabilities.
- PayPal (www.paypal.com). Provides our customers with the ability to pay transactions using their PayPal account.
- PayFast (South Africa only). Provices our South African users with the ability to pay transactions using their bank or credit card details.
- Service Providers
- Amazon AWS (aws.amazon.com). Provides us with our main server and database infrastructure.
- Chargebee (chargebee.com). Provides us with recurring billing services for client billing.
- External Ranking Systems
Some clients ask us to integrate with third-party ranking systems, which requires us to send results to these systems, which may include some player information. For each external ranking system, we only provide the minimal required data to fulfill our contractual obligations.
- Universal Tennis Rating (myutr.com)
- Squash Levels (squashlevels.com)
We may also share your personal information and/or non-personal information with other third parties under the following circumstances:
- when we believe in good faith that the law requires it and/or if compelled to do so by law enforcement or government agencies, or to meet national security requirements, or by other legal action;
- when we deem it necessary or appropriate to provide such information to law enforcement authorities; to protect our rights, or to take precautions against liability;
- to protect users of our services from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, such services; in the course of a sale, merger, transfer, exchange or other disposition (whether of assets, stock or otherwise) of all or a portion of our business, in which case information we have collected or otherwise acquired may be one of the assets transferred.
In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU individuals received pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield, SportyHQ is potentially liable.
This document was last updated on January 24, 2021.